Lauan Tree - Singles (5,000,000)
Lauan Tree - Singles (4,000,000)
First Day Covers: Manila (Known printed
BUREAU OF FORESTRY - 50th ANNIVERSARY
The "Inspeccion General de Montes" was
inaugurated under the Spanish Government pursuant to a Spanish Royal
Decree under the Direccion General de Administracion Civil whose
function was to determine, through data collection, the extent of
the country's forest resources and oversee their proper utilization.
April 14, 1900.
The "Inspeccion" was renamed into
Forestry Bureau by the U.S. Military Governor in the Philippines
with the issuance of General Order No. 50. Captain George P. Ahern,
of the 96th U.S. Infantry, was named as its first Director.
September 6, 1901. The Forestry Bureau was
changed to Bureau of Forestry and was placed under the newly created
Department of Interior by virtue of Act No. 222.
1910s. The establishment of the Forester’s
Training School in Los Baños gave opportunity for Filipinos to be
trained and educated with Forestry Science. The first generation of
graduates assumes the position of the Bureau of Forestry.
November 18, 1916.
The Department of Interior was
abolished and transferred all its functions and authority to the
Department of Agriculture and Natural Resources (DANR). Under Act,
the DANR took "direct executive control, direction and supervision
of the Bureau of Agriculture, Bureau of Forestry, Bureau of Lands,
Bureau of Science and the Weather Bureau and all matters concerning
hunting, fisheries, sponges and other sea products and such others
as may be hereafter assigned to it by Act 2666.