2010, September 17. Central Mindanao University (CMU)
Amstar Company, Inc. Perf. 14.
pairs, Sheets of 40 (4 x 10)
Se-tenant Pairs (57,500)
CMU Main Building with Mt. Musuan in
CMU Administration Building with Mt.
Musuan in the background
Design Coordinators: Dr. Ngo Tiong Tak; Victorino Serevo
First Day Covers: Manila &
CENTRAL MINDANAO UNIVERSITY
Central Mindanao University (CMU) is located in the province of
Bukidnon in Mindanao. It is one of the two universities in Bukidnon.
The school started in 1910 as a mere farm school known as the Mailag
Industrial School, where the first four years of the elementary
agriculture curriculum were offered. In 1918, the school was renamed
Bukidnon Agricultural School and it offered the remaining three
years of the curriculum. From Mailag, the school was relocated to
Managok, Malaybalay, Bukidnon and a few years later, the school
offered the secondary agriculture curriculum.
In 1923, the school was again renamed to Bukidnon Rural High School.
724 hectares of land were allocated for the school’s use through
Proclamation No. 30. In 1928, the school was again renamed Bukidnon
Agricultural High School and it served as the secondary school for
male students. In 1938, it was again renamed to Bukidnon National
Agricultural School and the homemaking curriculum for female
students was implemented.
Superintendent Zosimo Montemayor reopened the school after World War
II but because of the devastation brought about by the war, the
school was transferred to Musuan, Maramag, Bukidnon.
On 21 June 1952, president Elpidio Quirino signed Republic Act 807,
converting the Bukidnon National Agricultural School into the
Mindanao Agricultural College, and installing Montemayor as its
president. From 1957–1960, Stanford consultants James Wall, Donald
Green and John McLeland provided the college with assistance in
President Carlos P. Garcia issued Proclamation No. 476 in 1958
granting 3,401 hectares of land to the school. Titling of the land
was begun in 1961 to determine adverse claimants. On 19 June 1965,
the college was finally changed to Central Mindanao University
(CMU), retaining Montemayor as its president. In 1974, the 321.9
hectares of land were segregated and given to legitimate claimants
through the 1971 Cadastral Court decision. CMU was granted title for
only 3,080 hectares of land.