2008, February 1. Dominican School, Manila. 50th Anniversary.
Amstar Company, Inc. Perf. 14.
Blocks of Four, Sheets of 40 (4 x 10)
Se-tenant Blocks of 4 (35,000)
7p St. Dominic
7p St. Dominic
de Guzman and Dominical School Campus
School Logo and 50th Anniversary Logo
Designer and Graphic Artist: Rhona M.
Design Coordinators: Sister Christina Arceo,
O.P., Corazon T. Loza
First Day Covers: Manila
DOMINICAN SCHOOL OF MANILA
GROWING STRONG, GAINING GROUNDS, GIVING
THANKS AT 50.
This is theme of the Golden Anniversary of
the Dominican School of Manila. The event was celebrated from February
8 to 16, 2008. Founded in 1958 by the Sisters of the Congregation of
the Religious Missionaries of Saint Domini. It started with 79 boys and
girls in the kindergarten. Now, it caters to students of primary and
secondary levels with a population of 2,040.
Dominican School, Manila was founded in June
1958 by the Religious Missionaries of St. Dominic in response to the
need to provide Catholic education to the children who live in the
vicinity of University of Santo Tomas, particularly its employees.
Under the leadership of Sr. Jesus Ibargoitia, the superior of Sta.
Catalina Girls' Dormitory and Sr. Esperanza Melgar, the secretary
general, a two-room structure was constructed in May 1958.
A month later, the school opened the kindergarten with 79
boys and girls as enrollees. It was named St. Dominic's Kindergarten
School. The rooms were furnished with all the facilities for
children to learn their ABC's and numbers. Their skills in singing,
drawing and writing were also developed. To fulfill its mission of
providing sound Catholic education, its curriculum has religion as
its core with Christ as the center. Their devotion to Christ and
Mary was awakened and strengthened through activities like
participation in novenas and daily visits to the Blessed Sacrament
in the chapel of Sta. Catalina Girls' Dormitory.